|My baby started Kindergarten!|
On Monday, we discussed if we were excited about school starting -- or not. I was on Team NOT.
As a student, I lived for the first day of school. For me, the new school year always brought on exciting possibilities. As a teacher, I was equally excited about school starting.
With my boys, school is a bit more complicated.
They each have their own issues that make school stressful. It's not their fault, it's just the way they were made. When kids are stressed it spreads like a virus. Starting the school year is not so exciting any more.
Whether I was ready or not, school has started for my kiddos anyway. The flip side of this whole deal for me is that I am FREE!! I have many hours of freedom (if the school doesn't call) and I will be able to do as I please. It has been a long time since I have had this much freedom.
Freedom is meant to be enjoyed. Here's what I plan to do with mine.
1. Watch TV during the day while eating bon bons. The Doc has accused me of this for years so I figure I should give it a try.
2. Meet girlfriends for lunch.
3. Do my pilates reformer workout 5 days a week. I have one at home now and I plan to use it - while watching chick flicks, of course.
4. Finally get my dog's supervised visits completed so we will be qualified to visit nursing homes.
5. Paint two rooms in my house.
6. Organize. Wahoo! (Yes, I have a sick need to have things in order)
7. Meet girlfriends at Starbucks.
8. See movies with girlfriends... during the DAY!
9. Play my piano. No one around here let's me sit and just play. I've missed it.
10. Have lunch with my husband, uninterrupted.
11. Bake things.
12. Read during the day instead of only at night when my eyes are barely open.
13. Improve my Words With Friends skills.
14. Update photo albums.
15. Make more digital photo albums from old sets of pictures.
I'm going to make it my goal to have a day just for me each and every week. I've earned it.
I will still be volunteering the majority of my time. It's just that this year I'm going to try to get used to enjoying a little time for myself - without the guilt.
It's going to be a good year for Mrs. Priss,
who is going to enjoy life like...