But, in all seriousness, color IS powerful. It creates a confidence, it’s eye-catching, and can ‘stop traffic’! Wouldn’t you want to stop traffic? Well, in a good way!
Color is a great way to break out of ‘the norm’. We, especially women, have a tendency to fall into the world of neutrals, because it’s safe. It’s slimming and safe! (Yes, I wouldn’t have even had to say the word ‘safe’, because, as women, we only hear the word ‘slimming’.) There is nothing wrong with the neutral world – it’s a basic canvas of where we can infuse color.
If you are ‘new’ to color, this is a perfect time of year to try it, because color is EVERYWHERE. This spring season has exploded with varying shades of color from pretty pastels to the neon shades of the 80’s. So, pick your favorite shades and give it a try!
Just keep these few things in mind:
- Don’t go head to toe in color, or more, specific ONE color and/or varying shades of that color.
- You can go ‘all color’ by color blocking your outfit. Just make sure not to use more than 3 colors in your color blocking combination.
- Infuse color into your outfit/wardrobe where you are comfortable. Maybe, a dress in a bright color is too much. You could try a blouse, scarf, or a fabulous pair of shoes as a way to ease into the color world.
- Make a statement with color. Don’t be afraid to pick your brightest and boldest shade of your favorite color. Be confident and proud.
- Avoid being too ‘matchy-matchy’ with your accessories and your outfit. It’s okay to pull in the neutrals or balance one color with a complimentary color.
- Have fun! Color is a confidence builder. It is guaranteed to put a little extra spring in your step when you look in the mirror and even make that smile a little bit bigger.
Tis’ the season for color! Enjoy!
Mrs. Stylish Stepmom