Thursday

Warning: Deadly Pins Ahead





I have had an interesting seven days. Not only was my daughter admitted into the hospital with a concussion over the weekend, you can read about that here, but my husband also gave me a scare.He is my shower cleaner.The Clorox Clean-Up wasn't cleaning it fast enough and I hadn't got around to making him his favorite Dawn/vinegar solution yet. So not thinking, or thinking it might work faster he grabbed my vinegar and added it to the Clorox Clean-Up. Bad mistake. Chemistry 101.

Bleach + Vinegar = Chlorine Gas
Chlorine Gas + You = Chemical burns, potential death

I had taken my daughter to ballet at 6pm. The gas produced was horrendous and extremely overpowering according to him. He had to open the doors to the house and go outside a while. He was still coughing at 11pm when I decided to call Poison Control. 

1-800-222-1222

They told me to take him immediately to the emergency room. He was stubborn and didn't want to go. The coughing finally stopped about 2am. All I could think of was chemical induced pneumonia. Men. Here is some information I found on a blog called Pinfurating in case you ever do come into a situation such as this: 

“In case of skin contact: Chlorine hydrolyzes very rapidly yielding hydrochloric acid so that skin burns are like that from exposure to HCl. Flush affected area with copious amounts of water for 15 minutes. Seek medical attention immediately.

In case of eye contact: Chlorine is corrosive and irritating to the eyes. Flush contaminated eye(s) immediately with copious quantities of water for a minimum of 15 minutes. Seek medical attention immediately.

In case of inhalation: Chlorine inhalation may cause coughing, nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness and difficulty breathing. It may also cause pulmonary edema (build-up of fluid in the lungs) which may be delayed by several hours and can be fatal.



Seriously how many pins are running around out there that are dangerous to us. Here's one and another
Do NOT try these!!!! 
My husband did not get his idea from one of my pins, but believe me I have made a few nasty recipes from Pinterest. I think I will even start a board titled something of that sort. 
I'm just saying. Be careful. Know what you are mixing when it comes to household chemicals. It really can be a matter of life or death.
Have you found any pins on Pinterest that are dangerous? Have you reported them?

Pin It
♥Mrs. Hart♥
warning you of "pin" dangers like

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails